I was raised on a farm in west-central Minnesota and from an early age loved plants and gardening. So much so, that I pursued a degree in horticulture at the University of Minnesota in St. Paul. A catalyst for my moving to the Pacific Northwest was the fantastic diversity of plants that could be grown here in the milder climate, and I’ve never regretted it.
Through the years I have worked in widely varying plant-related fields including floral design, interior plant maintenance and visual merchandising for a well-respected retail nursery. I decided to put my horticultural experiences all together and, after graduating from Portland Community College’s Landscape Design program, created my own firm Nature/Nurture Landscape Design.
I would like to help you bring your outdoor space to life, from reimagining an area for greater usefulness to aesthetically combining suitable plants for your challenging site.
- Association of Northwest Landscape Designers (ANLD)—member, current officer, past Garden Tour Co-Chair
- Hardy Plant Society of Oregon (HPSO)—member (& volunteer at their AMAZING plant sales!)
- Green Streets Program—volunteer steward for city of Portland
- Conifer Society of America—member
- Portland Audubon Society—member
- Architectural Heritage Center (AHC)—member, volunteer at Heritage Home Tour